History and Statute
Bulgarian Modeling and Simulation Association – BULSIM was formally formed on 7th July 2010 by experts from academic institutions, universities, government organizations and representatives from the industry with long standing experience in Modeling&Simulation&Training.
BULSIM is a non-profit organization for public benefit, dedicated to spreading and recognition of the modeling and simulation in Bulgaria. It was registered in the Central Registry for Non-Profit Legal Entities designated for Public benefit at the Bulgarian Ministry of Justice under №20101222002 (UIC 175973055). In July 2018 the Association is re-registered in the Bulgarian Commercial Register and Register of the Non-Profit Legal Entities.
BULSIM assists people and organizations from research, government, industrial and non-government sectors by means of analysis, consultations, education and training, for which the competences and capabilities of members, as well M&S approach and tools, will contribute for their growth and positioning in the society and business. BULSIM main activities:
- Collaboration with national and international M&S&T organizations
- Transfer of knowledge and experience and information exchange
- Education, Training and Exercises
- Facilitation of conferences, exhibitions and seminars
- Analyses and consultation
BULSIM members are experienced in:
- Design and development of decision-making support systems
- Design and development of simulators
- M&S of natural and hazardous events
- Design, deployment and conducting of computer assisted exercises and training environments
- Serious Games design and development
- 3D modeling
- Usage of M&S&T tools for decision-making support on strategic, operative and tactical level in combat and crises management operations
- Business simulation
The competence of the Association increases continuously due to growing number of new experienced members.